Thursday, October 18, 2007

No court today after all

The Ethiopian Court decided to put some new laws in effect and they need the birth mother to be there with three witnesses from now on. So our court date has been rescheduled yet again. It is Oct. 31st. Our travel is only one week after what we had before though. We leave the 18th of November and come home on 27th. We will be getting them the week of Thanksgiving! How appropriate is that? Hopefully everything will go well this time around and this will be the last rescheduling :)

6 comments:

Nikki said...

How annoying.... everything happens for a reason though (at least I think so) and Thanksgiving is a perfect time!
Nikki

Anonymous said...

Ellie, I'm so sorry !!!! :( Just remember God's timing is ALWAYS the perfect !!!!!

Robin said...

Hey Ellie:

When Mary T. called to tell us our good news, she also shared with me the new changes. I am sooooo sorry for you and your family. I do know how difficult it is. Hang in there, God's plan is perfect.

Robin

Amanda said...

Well that's stinks!! Hopefully this will be the last time the change the date(or the rules!!) O well, there's a purpose for everything!!I hope.....

Jocelyn said...

I was sad to see this post. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to me on Monday...I guess what is meant to be will happen for all of us...hang in there, those babies will be home before you know it!

Renee said...

Ellie-I'm so disappointed! This is a pretty big change in the rules to track down birth mothers for court dates. Hopefully everything will move forward smoothly from this point.
Renee