Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Go Barefoot. April 16th. Do it.

Have you heard of Tom's shoes yet? They are legit. For real, this is one of the coolest ideas I have ever heard of. I LOVE what they are doing and I really want to get involved. With every pair of shoes you buy from Tom's, a pair is donated to a child in need somewhere in the world. I take shoes for granted everyday here in America ( in fact I'm pretty sure I have 27 pairs too many.)

I learned recently that because children in our world today are lacking something so simple and easy to come by as shoes, they can not attend school. People in Ethiopia are seriously ill because of a disease called Podoconiosis, which is 100% preventable with shoes. Shoes can change lives. I didn't realize how much so until today and I'm pretty sure a lot of other people don't either. Check it out and raise awareness April 16th. Go Barefoot.

1 comments:

Nikki said...

I think I will have to do this- thanks for posting it! I love my TOMS shoes. And... not only do they give out a pair for every pair bought, but they are also fair trade!!! So, people making them are getting paid a fair wage so they can support themselves in the future- hand up rather than hand out mentality. They are opening a factory in Ethiopia soon... I love knowing that so many Ethiopians will be getting good paying, fair jobs because of TOMS! Opening one in China as well! Right now they are in Argentina and Brazil, I believe. LOVE it!